- First (1st) Player - TBD
- Second (2nd) Player - TBD
- T-Ball / Super 6er - TBD
- *Third (3rd) Player and beyond are free. Must be siblings in the same household.
Ages of division play:
*A player's age as of December 31st determines the age in which the player is eligible to play the following year.
- You will need to attend one documentation verification date - please have a printed verification of registration and a copy of your daughter's birth certificate at one of the events.
- Verification only: TBD
- Verification and Assessments: TBD
- For all girls in the 10U and above category who are
- New to Bonita Valley softball in the 10U, 12U, or 14U divisions
- Anyone entering the 10U division.
- A quick non-intimidating assessment of your daughter's skills in catching, batting, and basic fielding.
- All girls will be placed on a team - assessments are a way to help balance the teams with a variety of skill levels on each team.
- Dates: TBD
- T-Ball and Super 6ers are assigned a team by the coordinator in an attempt to balance the experience / skills.
- Requests to play on a team with a friend will be considered and attempted but are not guaranteed.
- 8U and older teams are drafted by a blind draft in mid-January, 2020.
- No requests to play on a team with a friend will be considered. Teams are formed by a blind draft only.
- Siblings in the same age division will be assigned the same team upon request. Request needs to be stated at one of the document verification dates.
- Team notification - players will be notified of their placement on a team during after the draft in mid-January, 2020 by their manager.
- Practices can not begin until February 1, 2020.
- Practices days and times will be selected by the managers during the draft.
- Practices are typically 2 days a week until opening day and will then go to once a week through the rest of the season.
- Practices are typically 1.5 hours long
- Some practices during the week may also be cancelled due to field availability.
- T-Ball and Super 6ers
- Games will be once a week on Saturdays.
- A weekday game or two may be added later in the season when more day light is available.
- Games are typically 1-1.5 hours long
- 8U and older
- Saturday games .
- Each team will have 1 Saturday game per week with a possibility of a bye week.
- The Saturday times will vary each week with games starting as early as 9 am or as late as 5pm.
- Week Day games:
- The weekday games will be Tuesday, Wednesday, OR Thursday at 5pm or 7pm.
- No team has a set week day assignment so the day of the weekday game will vary each week.
- All games are typically 1.5-2 hours long.
- Saturday games .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How does the early bird discount work?
In order to receive the early bird discount on your registration the registration must be paid before the early bird discount expires. If you try to pay for your registration at one of the paperwork drop-off's after the early bird discount expires you will pay full price for your registration.
Can I register on-site at a paperwork drop-off?
No. Parents must register players online and bring all necessary documentation to a paperwork drop-off. It is not possible to register on-site.
What do I need to bring with me to paperwork drop-off?
In order to complete your registration, you must attend one of the paperwork drop-offs and bring a printed copy of your registration, (available by clicking the Print Form in your confirmation email) and a Birth Certificate for date of birth verification. We do not keep a copy. If you did not pay online at the time of registration, payment will also be taken at this time.
How can I be sure I ordered the right uniform size?
Uniform samples are available at paperwork drop-off dates. You can verify that you ordered the correct size, if you did not we can make a note on your paper registration.
Can I request a coach?
Coach requests are only accepted at T-Ball and Super 6 divisions. At paperwork drop-off your request will be noted on your paperwork but is not guaranteed. All other divisions do not accept coach requests as we use a blind draft to create teams.
Can my daughter play with her friend or family member?
Only sisters are guaranteed to play on the same team. Requests to play on the same team as a friend or family member are only accepted at T-Ball and Super 6 divisions. At paperwork drop-off your request will be noted on your paperwork but is not guaranteed. All other divisions do not accept such requests as we use a blind draft to create teams. There is no exception for players needing rides to and from practices or games.
When are practices?
Practice schedules (dates and times) are created by the coach of the team your daughter ends up on.
When does the season start?
The season officially starts Feb.1, you will be assigned to a team and begin practice after this date. Opening Day (first day of games) is usually the Saturday of President's Day weekend.
When does the season end?
Playoffs occur during the last week of April and Closing Day is the first Saturday in May.
I am new to softball, what equipment do the girls need?
Players in all divisions, T-Ball through Senior need their own, bat, glove, helmet with facemark and cleats.