We still have positions that we need to fill. Please send email@example.com an email if you or someone you know is interested. We need all the volunteers we can get to make this year a success.
Bonita Valley Softball girls representing at the Youth Skills Camp USD
The University of San Diego will be hosting a youth softball camp on Saturday, January 18th, 2020. This camp will be a rewarding opportunity for young San Diego players to get to hang out and learn from USD coaches and players before jumping into the spring season!
Date: January 18th, 2020
Time: 9:00AM-2:00PM, check-in begins at 8:15AM
Price: $60, includes t-shirt!
Location: USD Softball Complex
There will be a short intermission for lunch. All campers will be responsible for bringing a sack lunch, cleats, turf/running shoes, and personal softball equipment. We will cover the fundamentals of the game including fielding, throwing, hitting, and base running. We will also touch on position-specific basics including a short segment on pitching and catching. Drills will be divided up by age and skill level.
Please feel free to contact Amber Schisler with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-599-3336.
More information and camp registration can be found here: http://www.usdcamps.com/
Equipment: Each player must bring her own softball equipment. Players should bring a batting helmet, batting gloves, bat, glove, sweats, catchers gear, kneepads, tennis shoes, cleats, athletic clothing, visor or hat and water bottle.
Optional: bring something for the Aztecs to autograph.
Can Parents Watch? Most definitely! Parents should observe from the regular stadium seating area. Parents are not to go in the dugout nor on the field unless there is an injury deeming that necessary.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
Please check in 15 minutes prior to start time.
The Aztec Softball Field is located on 55th adjacent to Tony Gwynn Baseball Stadium and the Aztec Aquatic Center. Click for directions!
What if I have to cancel a camp?
We do not offer refunds on canceled campers, just a future camp credit if you decide to cancel, but we do have what is called “Cancellation Protection”. We offer basic Cancellation Protection to allow participants some peace of mind in case plans change. This allows us to keep our prices low and provide the best service possible. Due at the time of registration, Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of camp fees should you cancel your registration more than 14 days prior to the start of an overnight camp, and 7 days prior to the start of a day camp. If you cancel within 14 or 7 days of the start of your session, we will give you a camp credit for all money paid. The credit is valid for three years from camp date. Credit with insurance is transferable to family members or friends, and good toward a future camp.
This training is mandatory for ALL new coaches and 8U, Super 6 and T-Ball Coaches. Please register at the link below by Wednesday, January 8th! The first 20 coaches who register will have their coaches training/clinic paid for by Bonita Valley Softball.
About this Event
We are excited to be hosting our 16th Coaches Training! This program is designed and developed to provide softball coaches of all levels, from beginning to experienced veterans, an opportunity to further their knowledge of the sport of softball. Please register online to participate.
Training will be in the Performing Arts Center at Point Loma High School. Please show up early to check in.
Point Loma High School
2335 Chatsworth Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92106
December 4, 2019 Paperwork Drop-Off for 2020 Recreation Season
Another year another successful BV Softball Registration event! We were definitely busier this year compared to last. Thank you Kristie on organizing this event and to all the volunteers for coming together to make the first registration a success. Thank you to all the parents who came out and battling the rain to get your players signed up. Thank you Mat for providing us the venue for our first registration!
January 12, 2019 Paperwork Drop-Off
What a busy Saturday morning with all the players, families and volunteers coming out to registration and assessment!
It was definitely a busy Saturday morning from beginning to end. We had 277 players dropping of their paperwork! Thank you everyone for making the pre-season registration a success. Next up, Manager selections!
January 5, 2019 Paperwork Drop-Off
Thank you everyone who came and dropped off their paperwork and the BV Board members who volunteered to support the registration on 1/5! If you haven't dropped off your paperwork yet...January 12th is the last day. Come out this Saturday!
We had successful registration paperwork drop-off on January 5th. We had 137 players dropping of their paperwork! Our next two paperwork drop-off is set for January 12th from 9am - 12pm at the Discovery Park.
December 19, 2018 Paperwork Drop-Off
Thank you again everyone who came and dropped off their paperwork and the BV Board members who volunteered to support the registration on 12/19!
We had another very successful registration paperwork drop-off on December 19th. We had 121 players dropping of their paperwork! Our next two paperwork drop-off is set for January 5th and 12th from 9am - 12pm at the Discovery Park. We expect to have 550+ players dropping off their paperwork on these two dates so it will be busy.
December 5, 2018 Paperwork Drop-Off
Thank you to all who came and dropped off their registration and the many Board Members who volunteered to support the registration!
Our first registration drop-off was a great success and a good dry-run for the Bonita Valley Board Members. Even with the rain coming down we had a good turn out with 54 players dropping off their paperwork. Be sure to stop by on the next drop-off on December 19th. We expect each drop-off will be busier and busier, so please try and get your paperwork drop-off sooner rather than later. Attached is a graph on how Bonita Valley Girls USA Softball registration is progressing. We expect to have 700+ girls registered for the 2019 year.
November 10 Update:
What a great GFL weekend for the Bonita Valley Players! We took 6 Championships! 4 Gold and 2 Silver Brackets! Great job reppin’ Bonita Valley!
8U Gold GFL Champions – Sun Devils Ventura
Congratulations to the 8U Gold Sun Devils Ventura team for taking home the 2019 GFL championship with wins over Santee Hustle 6-5 in the semifinals and IB Thunder 3-2 in the final. The team finished undefeated during the 2019 GFL Season.
Good luck to all the Bonita Valley Teams during the GFL Playoffs next weekend! Playoffs starts on Wednesday, November 6 and concludes with the Championship games on Sunday, November 10th.
Link to GFL Playoff Schedule
December 4, 2019 - First Pre-Registration Paperwork Drop Off (Wolf Canyon Elementary)
December 18, 2019 - Second Pre-Registration Paperwork Drop Off (TBD)
December 19, 2019 - Registration opens to non-residents and Chula Vista/Bonita residents.
January 11, 2020 @ 9AM - 12PM - First Registration Paperwork Drop Off and Assessment (Discovery Park)
January 18, 2020 @ 9AM - 12PM - Second Registration Paperwork Drop Off and Assessment (Discovery Park)
February 1, 2020 - Spring Softball Season Begins
February 15, 2020 @ 9AM - Opening Ceremonies
Ages of division play:
*A player's age as of December 31st determines the age in which the player is eligible to play the following year.
- You will need to attend one documentation verification date - please have a printed verification of registration and a copy of your daughter's birth certificate at one of the events.
- Pre-Registration (Paperwork Drop Off): December 4th (Wednesday) & 18th (Wednesday)
- Registration (Paperwork Drop Off) and Assessments: January 11th (Saturday) & 18th (Saturday)
- ALL pitchers and catchers must assess, ages 9-14. BOTH new and returning pitchers and catchers.
- For all girls in the 10U and above category who are
- New to Bonita Valley softball in the 10U, 12U, or 14U divisions
- Anyone NEW to the 10U (9 & 10 year olds) division.
- A quick assessment of your daughter's skills in catching, batting, and basic fielding.
- All girls will be placed on a team - assessments are a way to help balance the teams with a variety of skill levels on each team.
- Dates: Jan11 or 18th
- T-Ball and Super 6ers are assigned a team by the coordinator in an attempt to balance the experience / skills.
- Requests to play on a team with a friend will be considered and attempted but are not guaranteed.
- 8U and older teams are drafted by a blind draft in mid-January, 2020.
- No requests to play on a team with a friend will be considered. Teams are formed by a blind draft only.
- Siblings in the same age division will be assigned the same team upon request. Request needs to be stated at one of the document verification dates.
- Team notification - players will be notified of their placement on a team during after the draft in mid-January, 2020 by their manager.
- Practices can not begin until February 1, 2020.
- Practices days and times will be selected by the managers during the draft.
- Practices are typically 2 days a week until opening day and will then go to once a week through the rest of the season.
- Practices are typically 1.5 hours long
- Some practices during the week may also be cancelled due to field availability.
- T-Ball and Super 6ers
- Games will be once a week on Saturdays.
- A weekday game or two may be added later in the season when more day light is available.
- Games are typically 1-1.5 hours long
- 8U and older
- Saturday games .
- Each team will have 1 Saturday game per week with a possibility of a bye week.
- The Saturday times will vary each week with games starting as early as 9 am or as late as 5pm.
- Week Day games:
- The weekday games will be Tuesday, Wednesday, OR Thursday at 5pm or 7pm.
- No team has a set week day assignment so the day of the weekday game will vary each week.
- All games are typically 1.5-2 hours long.
- Saturday games .
How does the early bird discount work?
Can I register on-site at a paperwork drop-off?
What do I need to bring with me to paperwork drop-off?
How can I be sure I ordered the right uniform size?
Can I request a coach?
Can my daughter play with her friend or family member?
When are practices?
When does the season start?
When does the season end?
I am new to softball, what equipment do the girls need?
Great job & Congrats to 10U Sun Devils Diego and 12U Sun Devils Phillips on their Championship win at the 2019 TCS Harbor Havoc!
Congrats 10U Sun Devils Contreras for placing 3rd at the Harbor Havoc Tournament.
Bonita Valley 10U Teams:
10U Sun Devils Contreras
10U Sun Devils Diego
Bonita Valley 12U Teams:
12U Sun Devils Phillips
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Bonita Valley Softball Student Athletes that made it to their Middle School Softball Teams!.
Hilltop Middle Softball Team: